Make it, don't buy it

Monday, June 14, 2010

As Father's Day approaches, I'm usually scratching my head when it comes to what to get my father. What to buy.... well he has pretty much everything he needs or wants. So we decided to go the old fashioned route and make something for him.

We're going to be travelling home to Ontario this summer, so we thought if we gave Grandpa a book of loving coupons from his granddaughters, it would definitely be something he didn't have already! They could be redeemed during our visit and give Grandpa and little extra bonding time with the kiddies – my parents don't get to see them very often due to geography.



I made the general design of the coupon type, while my girls added their artistic talents, coming up with an image to match. Amanda decided to put herself in sunglasses on every drawing and be a little silly (she is almost 10, after all...) while Emma took the super cute route. I always love to see their artwork and was impressed with what they came up with. We bound the final booklets together, and voila, we had a lovely little gift.

Do you think the kids will let me get away with something like this for their birthdays?


0 comments:

Post a Comment