Friday, February 1, 2013

Ornaments have become my thing....


I started making glass ornaments a few years back after seeing a snowman ornament in a store. I looked at it and thought, "I can make something like that!" And so it began. What started out as a small idea became a nice little money-maker for me at Christmas time.

Year one - snowman. I started with a larger glass base filled with "snow" and a velvet scarf and we were off. When I ran out of the large bases, the little baby snowman came along.



Year two - penguin. This is probably my favourite and definitely the most popular. I made him with a variety of different beads or sequins in his belly and different coloured scarves. Very popular with the kiddies!




Year three - santa. I felt it was time for santa to come along and join the crew. The large round base was a natural for his big jolly belly.


They've all been popular sellers and a fun project for me. I'm thinking maybe an angel next year??

0 comments:

Post a Comment