A valentine from the heart

Friday, February 5, 2010



Inspired by one of the Usborne Craft books, I thought it would be fun to pull out all the papers and trimmings in our craft drawers and make some truly homemade Valentine's for the grandparents this year. A little help was needed from mommy for Emma's (she's 6) but all in all, it sure brought back memories from when I was a kid. At least we have more to work with now than doilies and red construction paper. Although I think glitter is permanently embedded in my tablecloth...

If you enjoy making crafts (with or without kids), I highly recommend the Usborne series of books. Beautiful crafts and instructions – a little more interesting than macaroni and silver spray paint. As an adult, I look forward to the next crafting project from these books as much as the kids do.

Check out the books here


0 comments:

Post a Comment