Monday is a good day to clean...

Monday, January 18, 2010


Your oven

Here's an easy way to clean your Electric oven without the toxic fumes of store-bought oven cleaner.

Turn the oven on, let it warm to 150°F and then turn if off. Place a small bowl containing 1/2 cup ammonia on the top shelf, and a large pan of boiling water on the bottom shelf. Close the oven door, and let it sit overnight.

The next morning, remove the dish and pan, and let the oven air out awhile. Then wipe it clean using the ammonia and a few drops of dishwashing liquid diluted in a quart of warm water. Even old burned-on grease should wipe right off.

Always wear rubber gloves when working with ammonia and work in a well ventilated area. Never mix ammonia with bleach as it produces toxic fumes that can be deadly.

1 comments:

Paddy Kelly said...

Dear Jodie,
I am starting up an oven cleaning business in the UK and wondered if you would permit me to use the photo of your very clean inside of an oven on some of my marketing flyers? I would use it for a short while until I had some photos of my own. I am assuming the photo is your own?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Paddy Kelly
cpjkelly@ntlworld.com

Post a Comment