A mural for my daughter

Monday, January 4, 2010




For Christmas this year, I decided that my daughter Amanda had enough toys and that it was time to give her a little more grown-up girl room.

I started with painting the yellow walls a sophisticated grey to go with her new funky hot pink and chocolate brown bedding. I made curtains to match and recovered her headboard. The only thing left – the big empty space beside her bed. I thought of doing a funky montage of shapes and areas where she could post up her own pictures but then we stumbled upon a shirt with this groovy image of a girl on the front and the idea was born. We adapted the colours to suit the room and I started to draw. It took a day and a half, but I think the end result was worth it.

Now all her friends want me to paint their rooms too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment